About the Community Foundation
To improve lives through philanthropic leadership by:
- Providing superior donor services
- Making grants that positively impact the community
- Ensuring sustainability of the philanthropic community
- Acting as a leader, catalyst, and resource
Meet Our Team
Since 1989, we have been a family of funds – some large, others small – promoting philanthropy both locally and around the world. Meet the individuals behind the Community Foundation. Our dedicated staff and board of directors oversee everything from donations and fund management to local volunteer opportunities and nonprofit workshops.
Chief Financial Officer
Will Ranck Schwartz
Chief Operating Officer
Chief Marketing Officer
Elizabeth Cogburn Birnie
Fund Officer & Technology Specialist
Director, Housing Solutions
Backbone Leader of Systems of Education
Old Bill's & Special Projects Coordinator
Director of Grants & Nonprofit Outreach
Donor Relations Officer
Backbone Leader of Teton Behavioral Health Alliance
Board of Directors
2023 Board Officers
- Julie O’Halloran, Chair
- Betty Andrikopoulos, Treasurer, Chair of Finance Committee, Audit Sub-Committee
- Jane Hopkins Carey, Secretary
- Deirdre Griffith, Chair of Grants Committee, Executive Committee Member
- Marcia Kunstel, Chair of Nominating & Governance Committee, Executive Committee Member
- David Landes, Vice Chair
- John Lummis, Chair of the Investment Committee, Executive Committee Member
- Stacey Morse, Chair of Advancement Committee /Past Chair, Executive Committee Member
Board of Directors
- Rev. Jimmy Bartz
- Val Beck
- Lisa Carlin
- Peggy Davenport
- Greg Gricus
- Laura Harrison
- Victor Hernandez
- Kathleen McCarragher
- Miriam Morillon
- Bill Newton, Emeritus
- Daniela Peterson
- Joel Revill
- Andy Schwartz
- Ted Staryk
- Janet Whitmire
- Scott Pierson, Chair, Community Foundation of Teton Valley
Strategic Plan 2022 – 2025
The Community Foundation of Jackson Hole’s mission is to improve lives through philanthropic leadership. We envision a community where people and place thrive.
The Community Foundation of Jackson Hole’s Strategic Plan is focused on building a more resilient and equitable community, and the foundation has identified three strategic priorities as the best way to achieve this goal.
Inspire increased and high-impact giving. Provide resources and expertise to new and current fundholders and donors.
Reports & Financials
Each year, we produce an annual report and share financial statements highlighting the Foundation’s activities and performance over the previous year. This report highlights services and programs we provide for donors, nonprofits and the community overall.
2022 Annual Report
- Total Assets: $120,284,040
- Total Gifts: $56,795,000
- Total Grants & Programs: $35,054,300
View a digital version here.
Contact us to request a hard copy.
The Community Foundation of Jackson Hole is in good standing with the Council on Foundations National Standards. These standards affirm our commitment to financial security, transparency, and accountability.
These standards establish legal, ethical, effective practices and assure donors, government and media of our commitment to best practices. To achieve this certification, foundations go through a rigorous peer review of organizational and financial policies and procedures. Community Foundations use these standards to promote self-regulation and set consistent expectations for their boards. These standards provide a framework for documenting, communicating and providing training and technical assistance to advance best practices.