Morning Stocking Team at the Jackson Cupboard
Opportunity is ongoing
For Ages 16+
Description Contact Nonprofit Directly
Last year, One22 provided no-cost groceries to1,378 distinct households. Volunteer at the Jackson Cupboard, the cornerstone of One22’s Food Access Program!
The Jackson Cupboard is managed by a team of three staff members, however, we are operating at a capacity that exceeds what our team can handle on their own. We need the support of two volunteers on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:30-10:30am to prepare the shop for our “Picker+Packer” volunteers. This helps the day flow much smoother, allows us to keep an accurate inventory, and improves overall shopper experience.
Please visit our website to sign up at www.one22jh.org/volunteer
Volunteers who help staff the Jackson Cupboard are expected to meet the following requirements:
- We require a minimum age of 18 for volunteers working during open hours to ensure client confidentiality. To learn more about volunteer opportunities for youth, please read the “other opportunities” section on our website.
- Attend a general orientation within the first month of service
- Ability to lift 25-40 pounds
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn and use safe food handling practices
- Understanding of the value of privacy and confidentiality for those that we serve
- Bilingual is a plus, but not required!
- Closed-toe shoes for safety and dressed appropriately for the task
For the sake of consistency of our services at the Cupboard, we ask for your commitment on a regular weekly or biweekly schedule for a specific season. If you’re only available on an ‘as-needed’ basis, that’s ok too! It takes many helping hands to be open regularly to the public!