Jackson Cupboard Clerks (Grocery Packers and Distribution Clerks)
Opportunity is ongoing
For Ages 16+
Description Contact Nonprofit Directly
Last year, One22 provided no-cost groceries to 1,378 distinct households. Volunteer at the Jackson Cupboard, the cornerstone of One22’s Food Access Program!
These roles are essential to the basic operations of the Jackson Cupboard. Our volunteers pack grocery orders everyday except Sunday and Wednesday, from 11am-1pm. Distribution clerks will support a staff member during the grocery pickup window from 3:30pm-6pm, packing cold items and assisting with inquiries or walk-up orders.
Sign up today on our website at www.one22jh.org/volunteer
Volunteers who help staff the Jackson Cupboard are expected to meet the following requirements:
- We require a minimum age of 18 for volunteers working during open hours to ensure client confidentiality. To learn more about volunteer opportunities for youth, please read the “other opportunities” section on our website.
- Attend a general orientation within the first month of service
- Ability to lift 25-40 pounds
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn and use safe food handling practices
- Understanding of the value of privacy and confidentiality for those that we serve
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus, but not required!
- Closed-toe shoes for safety and dressed appropriately for the task
For the sake of consistency of our services at the Cupboard, we ask for your commitment on a regular weekly or biweekly schedule for a specific season. If you’re only available on an ‘as-needed’ basis, that’s ok too! It takes many helping hands to be open regularly to the public!