Volunteer at Teton Literacy Center!
Opportunity is available until October 31st, 2021
For Ages 15+
Description Contact Nonprofit Directly
Teton Literacy Center Needs You!
TLC is in need of volunteers to serve our students and families in a large array of roles:
- Volunteer Tutor: Commitment of one hour per week to work one-on-one tutoring a student in reading and writing. We will plan all lessons and activities for you—you just tell us what day and time works for you and we will match you with a student! Tutoring sessions take place Monday – Thursday from 3:00 – 7:00pm.
- Enrichment Volunteer: Serve as a teacher’s assistant in our after school clubs, leading small-group activities and working one-on-one to provide extra student support. All clubs take place Monday – Thursday from 3:00 – 5:00 and flexible volunteer schedules are possible.
- Family Literacy Volunteer: The possibilities are endless! Serve as a teacher’s assistant in our Preschool (flexible volunteer schedules are possible) or our Adult ESL Classes (Monday or Wednesday from 5:30 – 7:00pm). Implement activities and help manage K – 5 students in our Late Night Lit Program (Monday & Wednesday from 5:30 – 7:00pm). We repeat—the possibilities are endless!
All volunteers will need to complete the following application steps:
- Volunteer Application: complete our online application at https://form.jotform.com/Tetonliteracy/2021-2022-NewVolunteerApp
- IntelliCorps Background Check: All volunteers over the age of 18 will need to submit to an online background check to be conducted by a member of the TLC Leadership Team. Forms for this process can be completed at the time of training (see below).
- New Volunteer Training: This training includes information about our organization, our different volunteer opportunities, legal obligations of working with students and instructional strategies. Upcoming training dates and times are below:
- Wednesday, September 29 – 12:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 12 – 5:30 PM
- Wednesday, October 27 – 12:00 PM
- Tuesday, November 9 – 5:30 PM
- Wednesday, December 1 – 12:00 PM
Contact Anja at firstname.lastname@example.org or 307.733.9242 with questions!