Volunteer at Teton Literacy Center!
Opportunity is available until March 18th, 2023
For Ages 15+
Description Contact Nonprofit Directly
Join us as we strive to change lives through the power of literacy, in as little as one hour a week!
TLC is in need of volunteers to serve our students and families in a large array of roles:
- Volunteer Tutor: Commitment of one hour per week to work one-on-one tutoring a student in reading and writing. We will plan all lessons and activities for you. Tutoring sessions take place once a week Monday – Thursday from 3:00 – 7:00pm.
- After-School Classroom Volunteer: Serve as a teacher’s assistant in our after-school clubs, leading small-group activities and working one-on-one to provide extra student support. All clubs take place Monday – Thursday from 3:00 – 5:00 and flexible volunteer schedules are possible.
- Adult ESL Small Group Volunteer: Lead a one-hour adult ESL small group with up to four parents. These small groups will take place weekly. Note, we are also in need of subs for these small groups for a more flexible commitment.
- Substitute opportunities available for those who cannot commit to a program every week!
All volunteers will need to complete the following application steps:
- Volunteer Application: complete our online application on our website: tetonliteracy.org/volunteer
- IntelliCorps Background Check: All volunteers over the age of 18 will need to submit to an online background check to be conducted by a member of the TLC Leadership Team. Forms for this process can be completed at the time of training (see below).
- New Volunteer Training: This training includes information about our organization, our different volunteer opportunities, legal obligations for working with students and instructional strategies. Volunteer trainings will be in person at TLC and are approximately 1 hour!
- Upcoming training dates and times linked here: New Volunteer Training Sign Up
Please note, our plans are subject to change following COVID-19 guidelines and policies, but at this point, we plan to run our programs physically at TLC or other offsite location.
For more information about our volunteer opportunities, contact Anna, firstname.lastname@example.org or 307.733.9242