Teton Literacy Center Needs You!
Opportunity is ongoing
For Ages 15+
Description Contact Nonprofit Directly
Indeed, TLC is in need of volunteers to serve our students and families in a large array of roles:
- Volunteer Tutor: Commitment of one hour per week to work one-on-one tutoring a student in reading and writing. We will plan all lessons and activities for you—you just tell us what day and time works for you and we will match you with a student! Tutoring sessions take place Monday – Thursday from 3:00 – 7:00pm.
- Enrichment Volunteer: Serve as a teacher’s assistant in our after school clubs, leading small-group activities and working one-on-one to provide extra student support. All clubs take place Monday – Thursday from 3:00 – 5:00 and flexible volunteer schedules are possible.
- Family Literacy Volunteer: The possibilities are endless! Serve as a teacher’s assistant in our Preschool (flexible volunteer schedules are possible) or our Adult ESL Classes (Monday or Wednesday from 5:30 – 7:00pm). Implement activities and help manage K – 5 students in our Late Night Lit Program (Monday & Wednesday from 5:30 – 7:00pm). We repeat—the possibilities are endless!
All volunteers will need to complete the following application steps:
- Volunteer Application: complete our online application at https://www.jotform.com/Tetonliteracy/VolunteerApplication
- Fingerprints & Background Check Authorization: you will need to have your fingerprints taken and complete a notarized form authorizing us to run a background check on you. These forms can be picked up anytime from our office Monday – Thursday from 9am – 7pm or at the time of training. (Not necessary for volunteers under 18)
- New Volunteer Training: This training includes information about our organization, our different volunteer opportunities, legal obligations of working with students and instructional strategies. Upcoming training dates and times are below:
- Wednesday, November 28 — 12:00 – 1:30pm
- Tuesday, December 11 — 5:30 – 7:00pm
Contact Carisa at email@example.com or 307.733.9242 ext. 225 with questions!