Volunteer with Teton Literacy Center This Winter!
Opportunity is ongoing
For Ages 15+
Description Contact Nonprofit Directly
Teton Literacy Center Needs You!
Indeed, TLC is in need of volunteers to serve our students and families in a large array of roles:
Volunteer Tutor: Commitment of one hour per week to work one-on-one tutoring a student in reading and writing. We will plan all lessons and activities for you—you just tell us what day and time works for you and we will match you with a student! Tutoring sessions take place Monday – Thursday from 3:00 – 7:00pm.
Enrichment Volunteer: Serve as a teacher’s assistant in our after school clubs, leading small-group activities and working one-on-one to provide extra student support. All clubs take place Monday – Thursday from 3:00 – 5:00 and flexible volunteer schedules are possible.
Family Literacy Volunteer: The possibilities are endless! Serve as a teacher’s assistant in our Preschool (flexible volunteer schedules are possible) or our Adult ESL Classes (Monday or Wednesday from 5:30 – 7:00pm). Implement activities and help manage K – 5 students in our Late Night Lit Program (Monday & Wednesday from 5:30 – 7:00pm). We repeat—the possibilities are endless!
All volunteers will need to complete the following application steps:
- Volunteer Application: complete our online application at https://www.jotform.com/Tetonliteracy/19-20VolunteerApplication
- IntelliCorps Background Check: All volunteers over the age of 18 will need to submit to an online background check to be conducted by a member of the TLC Leadership Team. Forms for this process can be completed at the time of training (see below).
- New Volunteer Training: This training includes information about our organization, our different volunteer opportunities, legal obligations of working with students and instructional strategies. Upcoming training dates and times are below:
- Tuesday, January 14th: 5:45 – 7:15pm
- Wednesday, January 29th: 12:00 – 1:30pm
- Tuesday, February 4th: 5:45 – 7:15pm
- Wednesday, February 19th: 12:00 – 1:30pm
- Tuesday, March 3rd: 5:45 – 7:15pm
Contact Carisa at email@example.com or 307.733.9242 ext. 225 with questions!