Satellite Cupboard Stocking Team
Opportunity is ongoing
For Ages 16+
Description Contact Nonprofit Directly
Last year, One22 provided no-cost groceries to1,378 distinct households. Volunteer at the Jackson Cupboard, the cornerstone of One22’s Food Access Program!
Support the efforts of One22 and the Jackson Cupboard to break down barriers like stigma when it comes to accessing food assistance. We need volunteer support to continue to stock and maintain these locations so that anyone who needs food can easily access it! We currently have 3 satellite Cupboards operating in Teton County – the Library, Rec Center and Pioneer Homestead Apartments. Volunteers can help us by restocking food from our main location to these smaller locations several times a week between 8:30am and 12:30pm. This is a task best done with two volunteers as there is some heavy lifting and some locations have harder to reach entrances.
Please register to volunteer on our website at www.one22jh.org/volunteer
Volunteers who help staff the Jackson Cupboard are expected to meet the following requirements:
- We require a minimum age of 18 for volunteers working during open hours to ensure client confidentiality. To learn more about volunteer opportunities for youth, please read the “other opportunities” section on our website.
- Attend a general orientation within the first month of service
- Ability to lift 25-40 pounds
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn and use safe food handling practices
- Understanding of the value of privacy and confidentiality for those that we serve
- Bilingual is a plus, but not required!
- Closed-toe shoes for safety and dressed appropriately for the task
For the sake of consistency of our services at the Cupboard, we ask for your commitment on a regular weekly or biweekly schedule for a specific season. If you’re only available on an ‘as-needed’ basis, that’s ok too! It takes many helping hands to be open regularly to the public!