Forest Friends’ PLD Celebration
Opportunity is ongoing
For Ages 16+
Description Contact Nonprofit Directly
Volunteers needed 9/28/19 to celebrate our FIRST Wyoming Public Lands Day AND National Public Lands Day- the single biggest volunteer effort for our nation’s public lands! Join us at the Jackson Hole – Greater Yellowstone Visitor Center 8am-9am for the opening ceremony. The kick-off event includes guest speakers, free coffee and breakfast from Creekside, and an information hub for multiple partner-led volunteer activities. Some of the planned projects include:
- Sheep Gulch Snake River Boat Access with the Snake River Fund and BTNF to work on the new access trail and hand rails
- Bryan Flats working on the Wyoming Range National Recreation Trail
- Cunningham Cabins Project with Grand Teton National Park
- CDT re-route with Blackrock Ranger District on Togwotee Pass
- Watershed restoration project with TU
Help us celebrate this historic occasion, find a way to give back and think about carpooling to one of the many projects planned on public lands. BTfriends.org for more projects and project details.
***multiple events are being planned statewide to celebrate Wyoming Public Lands Day. We’ve got a lot going on in Teton County, but visit neefusa.org/npld or keepitpublicwyoming.org for an even broader list!