Food Bank of Wyoming Receiving Team at the Cupboard
Opportunity is ongoing
For Ages 16+
Description Contact Nonprofit Directly
Last year, One22 provided no-cost groceries to1,378 distinct households. Volunteer at the Jackson Cupboard, the cornerstone of One22’s Food Access Program!
Join us on the first Tuesday of the month, when we receive a large amount of subsidized food from the regional food bank. Totaling more than 6,000 pounds, this food makes up the bulk of our offering at the Cupboard. As they say, “many hands make for light work!” With a regular, monthly team, we can unload and shelve all this food in just an hour! Skip the gym for your 12:30pm lunch hour and help us keep the shelves stocked and ready for the next grocery pick up day!
Please visit our website to register as a new volunteer at www.one22jh.org/volunteer
Volunteers who help staff the Jackson Cupboard are expected to meet the following requirements:
- We require a minimum age of 18 for volunteers working during open hours to ensure client confidentiality. To learn more about volunteer opportunities for youth, please read the “other opportunities” section on our website.
- Attend a general orientation within the first month of service
- Ability to lift 25-40 pounds
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn and use safe food handling practices
- Understanding of the value of privacy and confidentiality for those that we serve
- Bilingual is a plus, but not required!
- Closed-toe shoes for safety and dressed appropriately for the task
For the sake of consistency of our services at the Cupboard, we ask for your commitment on a regular weekly or biweekly schedule for a specific season. If you’re only available on an ‘as-needed’ basis, that’s ok too! It takes many helping hands to be open regularly to the public!