ESL Classroom Volunteers
Opportunity is available until March 31st, 2020
For Ages 16+
Description Contact Nonprofit Directly
Central Wyoming College’s English as a Second Language (ESL) Program is looking for a few dedicated classroom volunteers to help out with its Levels 1&2 class.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills are sometimes helpful but are not required as it encourages our students to communicate in English. Volunteers must feel comfortable helping students with using digital devices (smart phones, tablets, Chromebooks, PCs) in class.
Below are the dates, times, and description of duties.
Dates: January 21 – March 31 (with potential to stay longer if you want)
Schedule: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, OR Thursdays, 6:30-8:30 PM
Location: Center for the Arts, 1st floor, Room 118
- Assist in combined Levels 1&2 ESL class for 2 hours a week
- Assist instructor with activity demonstrations
- Help with classroom setup and breakdown
- Assist students with connecting to WiFi and using computers, tablets, and smart phones
- Support students as needed with their language study (1-on-1, small group, etc.)
- Assist new students on downloading apps, creating student accounts, and connecting to our class on various educational apps
Register HERE to sign up: Volunteer Sign-up Sheet
PLEASE let the instructor know if you cannot make it to class for whatever reason as it helps with lesson planning.