ESL Classroom Volunteers
Opportunity is available until October 31st, 2019
For Ages 16+
Description Contact Nonprofit Directly
Central Wyoming College’s English as a Second Language (ESL) Program is looking for 1-2 dedicated classroom volunteers to help out on a monthly basis for 6 hours a week.
Bilingual skills are sometimes helpful but are not required as it encourages our students to communicate in English. Volunteers must feel comfortable helping students with using digital devices (smart phones, Android tablets, Chromebooks, PCs) in class for connecting to CWC WiFi, downloading apps, connecting to our class in the apps, using Google tools, etc.
Below are the dates, times, and description of duties.
Volunteer for ESL Levels 1&2 Class
Training:August 26 (Mon.), 6:00-8:00 PM or arranged on another date with the instructor
Dates: Sept. 3-26 (T/W/Th) ; Oct. 1-31 (T/W/Th)
Schedule: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 6:30-8:30 PM
Location: Center for the Arts, 1st floor, Room 118 ***Note: We’ve moved to 1st floor!***
- Assist in combined Levels 1&2 ESL class for 6 hours a week for one month
- Assist instructor with activity demonstrations
- Help with classroom setup and breakdown
- Assist students with connecting to WiFi and using computers, tablets, and smart phones
- Support students as needed with their language study (1-on-1, small group, etc.)
- Assist new students on downloading apps, creating student accounts, and connecting to our class on various educational apps
Register here to sign up: Volunteer Sign-up Sheet
The instructor will contact you to confirm a training time to help familiarize you with the technology we use in class.