First in Family
First in Family scholarships are two-year awards for high school students in Teton County, Wyoming who do not have a family history of higher education. Recipients are chosen by the end of junior year of high school, and scholarships are awarded upon enrollment in College. These scholarships help students realize their ambitions for college education.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Current junior in good standing at any Teton County, Wyoming high school
- Parents and grandparents do not have college degrees
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Have financial need
Applications are available March and due in April. To apply:
- Complete pre qualification questions
- Complete application and submit supplementary information including:
- Letter of recommendation from teacher or school counselor emailed directly to Shelby Read email@example.com or uploaded to your application
- Letter of recommendation from family member emailed directly to Shelby Read firstname.lastname@example.org or uploaded to your application
- School transcripts
About First in Family Scholarships
The idea for First in Family Scholarships began among friends at a weekly breakfast group, members of which are now on the scholarship’s steering committee. The committee includes Joe Albright and Zach Hall (Co-Chairs), Julie Giacobassi, Lety Liera, Mary Speyer and Charlie Thomson.
Each, year, five First in Family Scholarships will be available. This year, the Rotary Club of Jackson Hole, Soroptomist of Jackson Hole is supporting a third, the Rotary First in Family Scholarship.
If you would like to make a contribution to this scholarship, make checks payable to the Community Foundation of Jackson Hole, or donate online through the link below.