Competitive Grants Program
The Community Foundation of Jackson Hole provides financial support to projects addressing community issues and needs in Teton County, Wyoming through an open application process. Funding decisions are made by a twenty-member volunteer committee comprised of residents experienced in a variety of fields, broadly representing diverse interests. Funding for the Community Foundation’s competitive grants is provided through Old Bill’s Fun Run, private donors and endowed funds held at the Community Foundation of Jackson Hole.
The application period will close at 5:00pm on Friday, October 28, 2016.
Contact Pam Sather with questions.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Each proposal must be represented by one IRS approved charitable entity that will assume responsibility for the management of and reporting on the grant. IRS approved organization types include 501 (c) 3 public charities, schools, government entities and religious organizations.
Organizations that have previously received a grant from the Community Foundation and have overdue grant reports are not eligible for new grant funding. If you have questions about your organization’s reporting status, please contact our office.
What Types of Projects Qualify for Funding?
The Community Foundation supports a wide variety of proposals. Ideas for addressing issues in the arts, environment, social services, education, recreation, animal and civic arenas are all welcome. The Community Foundation supports programs, capital projects, equipment purchases, general operating expenses and pilot projects.
What Types of Projects do NOT Qualify for Funding?
The Community Foundation does not provide support for the following: religious activity, debt retirement, political activity, tickets for benefits, telephone solicitations, or organizations/projects working primarily to influence legislation.
What Does the Review Committee Look for in Applications?
- A clear and compelling community need
- A well-developed program that will address the stated need
- A reasonable, detailed project budget
When is the Application Deadline and When Would the Money be Available?
Applications must be submitted online and are reviewed twice a year. Funds will be available in early January and early July. If you have questions, please email Pam Sather or call (307) 739-1026.
Your Proposal May Become the Basis for a Funding Contract or Shared with Others
- Should your funding request be approved, the funds may only be used for the purpose described in the grant application. It is the applicant’s responsibility to keep a copy of the proposal and to track all fund expenditures.
- Information from your proposal may be shared with potential donors or used on our website, in press releases, in Foundation marketing materials or in Foundation grantwriting seminars.
- The Community Foundation of Jackson Hole reserves the right to verify any information provided in your proposal. This includes, but is not limited to: references to data sources, collaborative partners and financial information.
Competitive Grant Report Form and Instructions Grant Reports are due one year from the award of competitive grants over $1,000. Grant report information can also be found on your competitive grant... Read More